Sunday, February 19, 2012

first snow since we became residents

We have been waiting and hoping for a good snow. Thought it would look so pretty from the sunroom. Well, we finally got the snow, and Mother Nature did not disappoint. We've gotten maybe 4 inches but it is a very wet snow so it is sticking to the tree branches and looks really beautiful.

It started this morning while we were in town at church. I had gotten up about 7:30 because I wanted to see whether we were getting lots of birds. As Brad was cooking breakfast (I do Saturdays, he does Sundays) I drove down to the mailboxes and picked up the Sunday paper. As I was returning I noticed that our very first daffodils were blooming. There were 3 open flowers.

A little later we headed to town for church, and I took my camera along to capture the daffodils. But we had managed to cut the timing close for making it to church on time, so I did not stop to snap the flowers then.

It began to snow while we were still in town, after church, during the time we were "working out" at Snap Fitness. When we returned I snapped these shots of our early daffodils (two clumps):



We continued to have periods of snow all afternoon, mixed with some sleet. I went to a kitchen shower for Kelly and returned about 5:15. I snapped a few photos of the scenery then -- really pretty!
Isn't this cool how the snow attached to the fence at the tennis court?

Heading to the house from the tennis court.


 There's the house seen framed by snow-laden branches.

Looking out of the kitchen door to the front yard. The pendant lights are reflected on the door's glass.

Looking from the living room to the side yard.

Here's the cabin from the sunroom.

Finally, view from the window by my computer desk.
All so pretty. Heading to bed now!

No comments:

Post a Comment