Friday, October 7, 2011

amazing carefulness

It’s been so long since I posted. It is very frustrating not to have internet service on my own computer. Progress has been made in that Brad’s laptop has it, but I still need another piece of equipment for mine to work.
I want to share a neat thing that happened with our move. The movers were extremely careful with our belongings. Not a thing was scratched or dinged --- either the furniture itself nor the walls at either home involved. As the movers were finishing (can’t believe it was four weeks ago today) one of them commented that our dining room buffet was rather heavy. I was surprised a bit, but didn’t give it much thought.
A couple of days later I was surveying all my storage options. I opened the right hand lower door of the buffet piece, and this is what I beheld:

Can you believe that? I had left a full set of Spode Billingsley Rose fine china stacked in the buffet. I thought the buffet was empty. I had completely forgotten about this china. My first reaction was to think how stupid of me it was to leave it in there and not move it myself. But that thought was quickly overtaken by the realization that nothing was cracked or broken! In fact even the little stacks of coffee cups were undisturbed. I had already been singing the praises of Five Star Movers, a local company, but then I really went into another gear. By the way, I immediately called the owner and told him. I focused on the meticulous care by the two heavy lifters. He pointed out what a good driving job he must have done, especially coming up the driveway here. A special angel who protects folks when we move was working overtime that day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment