Thursday, July 21, 2011

undecided

So I'm painting this table to freshen it. I sanded layers of dirt and old paint but was not able to get it back to bare wood. The plan was to paint it one color all over. Now that I am nearly done, I was wondering how it might look to paint the top black instead. Or, to leave the top as is and apply a coat of polyurethane.


Opinions are welcome --- let me know if you have one.
The top looks rough but it is sanded smooth.

Here's a picture of the table as it has looked for the last 20-30 years. It was greener than the walls, but taken alone, it looked fairly gray.

3 comments:

  1. How about something a little funky, like bright pink or yellow on top? OK, maybe that's a little too crazy. But it could always be changed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of putting poly on the top as it is. I love the aged patina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last comment was from Laura. :)

    ReplyDelete