Sunday, August 26, 2012

Calf presented for viewing

A calf was born last Monday, the 20th. For the next few days, Brad would see it when he takes the dogs for a walk in the evenings. The mama would have the baby in tall grass under some trees near the dam, sometimes sleeping. Well, yesterday for the first time since the birth all 7 adult cows were in the pasture out front during the day and also when Brad delivered the sweet feed. Guess the mother left the baby in its little protected area. But tonight the mama came AND the baby came too. It is smaller than some calves and really cute. Here are a few photos.





Brad took some close-up shots down by the fence. I tried to take some from the porch but that didn't work very well. However, I was standing near a hummingbird feeder and the birds ignored me. Look to the right of the feeder in both of these photos.

A pair of them was buzzing me constantly while I stood there. Wish I could have captured a shot with both of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment