Tuesday, August 21, 2012

August is 2/3 gone

I'm appalled that it has basically been a month since I last published. The reason is that my camera is broken and I am not able to include clear, crisp photos. I enjoy documenting happenings with pictures. Now I am thinking of buying a fancy smartphone that will take great pictures, to replace my camera.

Last night Brad was in the yard calling the cows to come for some sweet feed. He noticed one of the cows on the edge of the woods halfway between the house and the old pool. She was ingesting the afterbirth and had just delivered a calf, which was standing nearby. So this is our first baby of the season. Today the mom and baby have been resting in the pasture down near the creek. We hope she'll bring the baby up this way soon.

Here is a picture I took of bounty from the garden a couple of weeks ago.  Nice colors! Funny but the crops that have done well this year are kale, squash, zucchini, and okra, not all of which are pictured here. I've given away lots of these items. I have hoarded the small amounts of butterbeans, romas, and snaps that we have picked. The drought had a big effect on the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment