Saturday, January 21, 2012

progress on sources of heat

I came home from Ann Arbor on Thursday (the 19th) ---- leaving behind precious Evie and her parents. We can't wait to see them again in March when Eddie and Kelly get married. I don't travel by myself very often, but over the years when I've gone away, Brad has often completed a surprise project for me while I was gone. This time, when I came home, here is what I found:
 Brad had obtained all the necessary materials, and then assembled the pipe for the wood stove in the kitchen. It is all ready to go. The flue which serves the kitchen is separate from the flue which serves the living room fireplace. The kitchen flue has not been used in at least 50 years. So we are waiting to have an inspection done before lighting the wood stove. I hope that will happen soon!

Then on Friday night, we decided to try out the living room fireplace. This was the first time we have used it since we moved, and the first time since Brad installed a damper and chimney cap --- as well as the first time since the new screen was fabricated and installed.

I'm looking forward to many more cozy living room fires, as well as warming the first floor rooms by using the wood stove.

No comments:

Post a Comment