Saturday, September 3, 2011

found my camera!

Yay, I found my camera. So I took a few photos today. We are getting ready to have family members to supper tomorrow night. Here you can see the new bar stools. They have a cherry finish with black leather seats. The floors are covered with rosin paper. The builder suggested we keep them covered until after the movers deliver our furniture, to protect the floors. So I apologize. Would you believe I have been sweeping the paper!! Lots of dirt accumulating.

 We moved our bed. I dislike the brass bed because it requires polishing so often, but I have to say it looks good in the new setting, and it fits with the age of the house. Also our rug is in place on the bedroom floor, to keep our feet toasty warm in the winter. Now we need some bedside tables and lamps!
 You can only see a little bit of the floor in this photo.
 Here's a close-up of the bedroom floor, and notice how it's not a mirror-bright shine, but a low-luster sheen.
 Finally, we put up a welcome plaque. Nina gave this to me quite some time ago, and it has been waiting to be hung. You might have to enlarge the photo to get a good view, but anyway, THANK YOU, NINA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment