Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas decorating continues

Just think! This may be the very first year that Hanshill has been decorated for Christmas. Certainly in my lifetime that is true. So I will show you a few items of our decorating so far. Here's the tree in place with lights, but ornaments yet to come.
 Below is  a different view of the tree, with decorating completed.

I made a door decoration. It wasn't supposed to look like a wreath, but it does, partly because when Brad hung it, he smushed the piece of pine on the top that was supposed to elongate the appearance. But still, it's okay.
Some of the materials came from Hanshill (but not the boxwood).



  We hung the Moravian star ornament outside to substitute for the normal light source.

 I've been meaning to report on where we put the wonderful wrought iron plaque that Billy and Pat Williams gave to us. I wanted it on the house; Brad wanted it at the gate. You can see who won. It's a little bit hard to read the date of "1925" in this photo.
We are expecting to have 20 people here for midday dinner on Christmas day. That's just a week away. I'll be trying to make at least one dish for the meal each day this week. Tonight I made cauliflower mashed potatoes for the low-carb devotees in the family. Tomorrow I plan to make a hermit cake, and also some bran muffins which I will mail to Eddie for his birthday. I have finished my gift shopping; most of that was done online. The UPS man will know me well by the end of this week! I have some wrapping to do, plus cooking, plus a small amount of cleaning. All in all, it will be a busy week, but looking toward special time with some of the family next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment