Tuesday, August 9, 2011

plumbing fixtures and backsplash

Just want to show you more progress!  Here the faucet fixtures have been installed in the master bath. The water should be turned on in a couple of days and then we could take a shower!
 I showed this sink yesterday, in the first floor half-bath. It's a Kohler Memoirs brand. I wanted to choose something that reflected the 1920s. Still need a mirror and towel rods.
 And here's the fancy toilet to match the sink.
 Here's the guest bathroom. The tub faucet shows and the handle for turning on hot and cold, but the shower head is out of view. Note that the toilet is also installed in this bathroom.

 The tile backsplash is completed and grouted. I'm just holding up the under-cabinet light fixture that has not been re-attached.
 It will be so wonderful to live here! (Do I look a little like Mama in this next shot? --- at least in my expression, if not actual appearance)
 Close-up of tile and granite.
I thought that we had finished making choices about various items in the house but we've come to a whole 'nother set of decisions --- about the design/style of towel rods and  toilet paper holders! And we need bar stools for the kitchen and a screen door for the kitchen exit facing the cabin. So my anxiety continues!

Thank you to Anne and Meg for coming out today to see the current status. It is special to have you two expressing support for my design choices and being cheerleaders for our project. I am sure there are things you would have done differently. It is a top goal of ours for the renovation to honor Mama and Daddy in particular, as well as all those who have loved Hanshill in the past. We so hope it is true to our heritage and that it would have been pleasing to our ancestors.

No comments:

Post a Comment